CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 05:07:27 -0500

Thanks to all who responded to my introduction.  I'm still trying to
send personal replies, but it's been a busy week...

Josh had his biopsy and the prelimary results look negative.  Which is
good, except it leaves us not knowing what's wrong.  And his IGg
antibody test was positive (the one for gliadin) though the rest were
negative, so the doc thinks there must be something going on.  He wants
to do a RAST test to see if he might be allergic to only a subcategory
of gluten containing product or some such.  Otherwise, he's talking
about maybe a three month gluten trial and then a retest in case they
missed something.  Personally, my husband and I are considering some
time GF to see if he improves.  I'd rather get him back to weight and
healthy before that long on gluten.  3 months malnourished as a 1
year-old seems pretty extreme... And I'm not sure how accurate it would
be anyway, since given a choice between wheat and potatoes on his plate,
I'm going to be a bit biased towards potatoes.

Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Jennifer