CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Karen Baumgartner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 16:37:24 -0400

Hi All,
    My 22 month old son has been diagnosed with Eosinophilic Esophagitis.
It was discovered while he was having his biopsy to test for Celiac.  His
bowels came back great (no Celiac) but the test showed extensive damage to
his esophagus.  He was put on Prolosec and Flovent.  Is this the same thing
as GERD?  The gastroenterologist (Dr. Brown from Strong Memorial in
Rochester....LOVE her!) said that this was caused because of food
allergies. My son is very allergic to Milk, Eggs, Nuts, and Pork.  We have
also had him on a Gluten free diet because he showed a "moderate" reaction
to Wheat, Barley, Oats, and Rye.

Does anyone have any information on Eosinophilic Esophagitis? personal
experiences? some reassurance that this is not as horrible as it sounds?
Some ideas on what and how to get my "skinny man" to eat? Good foods with
out eggs, milk, pork, nuts and are gluten free that a picky toddler might
like?

ANY input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Karen