CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tracey Wolfskill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 23:13:21 -0400

I've finally gotten access to the computer long enough to do my
summaries!  (No more playing Blue's Clues on the computer.)  The 3 top
vote getters are:

Tom's of Maine (Silly Strawberry)
Crest for Kids
Colgate

Tom's has a website at:
http://www.tomsofmaine.com/faq/gluten.htm
that says all of their products are gluten free (although some contain
corn).  I was also told that Tom's doesn't burn your mouth like other
toothpastes.

I called Crest to double check and their Kids toothpaste is GF.  We had
that in our house already, so that's what we're using now.  (That's what
we always used to use until my 6-year-old decided it burned his mouth.)

Another mentioned arm & hammer toothpastes, all colgate toothpastes, eden
dentie toothpaste &toothpowdre, all tom's of maine toothpastes, and ultra
brite baking soda toothpaste are GF.

Another great suggestion is to have "character" toothbrushes (Blue,
Sesame Street, etc.) since he can't have the toothpaste.

Also a great idea, take your own toothpaste to the dentist--especially
if you don't know what they'll be using on your teeth.

Thanks again to all who responded!

Tracey Wolfskill
mom of Kevin 2yo w/Celiac and Brian 6yo no Celiac
Fort Worth, TX, USA