CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Julie Bort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:34:13 -0700

Hello all,
I had such great luck and support from you all a couple of months ago when I
was in panic mode over Michelle's celiac diagnosis. I'm glad to report that
all's well at home. She's been very accepting, in part because I've found
some GF bread recipes, cookies and pasta that she likes.  And the Ragu
Cheese Creations (orange color) seems to be fitting the bill for Mac n
Cheese. She likes that better than all the others I've tried.

Here's my question: Michelle will be enrolled in a day camp at school on the
days she's not in kindergarten. One day a week they do baking/cooking
projects, such as "bread people."

Can any of you recommend a recipe for a stiff dough that Michelle can work
with to make "bread people" and other creations? All the good-tasting GF
breads I've made so far are so gooey that you have to spread them into the
baking pan with a spatula.

Thanks!

Julie Bort