CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Laura B." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura B.
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:52:03 -0500

Does anyone know if Celiac and Allergies are related?  I'm thinking both are
immune system issues.

My child with Celiac has had 2 hive / swelling reactions to amoxicillian (and
something else).  My child also has food allergies too.  I'm debating on
whether or not we should go for environmental allergy testing.  We were
recently in the emergency room with a badly swollen eye - diagnosed as
allergy conjunctivitis.

As soon Benedryl was given - the symptoms diminished.

Regards
Laura

* General celiac discussions should be sent to [log in to unmask] *