CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Diane Yoder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 11:19:12 -0400

We received results from my son's biopsy this past Friday, they were
positive for celiac. We started the diet this weekend and it has been very
difficult so far.

My son Harrison is a 5yo VERY finicky eater. He had a very restricted diet
before (restricted by what he WOULD eat). Now about 80 percent of the
things he used to eat he can no longer have and I am having difficuly
finding substitutions.

The biggest problem is bread. So far I tried a loaf of frozen rice bread
(food for life brand I think) and a loaf I made in a bread maker from a
Gluten free pantry mix. I am looking for suggestions for what other breads,
mixes, recipes, techniques to try. Something that will result in the
closest thing in texture and consistency to regular wheat flour bread.

I am also looking for recipes or product suggestions for snack crackers. He
 loves Cheeze-its and Goldfish. Is there anything similar I can make or buy?

I am also looking for a list of gluten-free children's vitamins.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have,

Diane Emmons Yoder
Please note new e-mail address