CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 24 May 2004 22:43:05 -0500

My 4 year old is celiac and soy allergic. Until recently, Jamba Juice fruit
smoothies were one of his favorite treats. But now the company has
introduced a diet version of their shakes that contains Splenda (artificial
sweetner) and since then he has had unpleasant reactions to every smoothie
he has had. Once he was given a diet smoothie by mistake, and had a nasty
reaction - cramping, diarrhea, nausea for 3 days, so I suspect his ongoing
reactions are due to cross contamination in their blenders.

What I'm wondering is if other celiac kids have reactions to artificial
sweetners, especially the large molecule pseudo-sugars?

* Support summarization of posts, reply to the SENDER not the CEL-KIDS List *