CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Shannon Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 22:07:20 -0700

Great as a side dish or dessert! Pamela (3yr CD and DH) Loves it warmed
in the microwave or breakfast!

Baked Corn Pudding

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

6 cups fresh or frozen whole kernal corn*
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup prepared masa**
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup corn meal
3/4 tsp GF baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk

In a food processor or blender blend 3 cups corn until smooth. Set
aside. Whip butter, masa, and sugar until light and fluffy. Fold
together processed corn mixture, masa mixture and all remaining
ingredients.Spread in baking pan. Place pan into a water bath, bake
1.5-2 hours or until center is just set.

Serve warm with honey drizzled over or with cream poured over. OR seve
cold with whipped cream.

* If you use frozen cornyou need to thaw it completly and blot dry with
paper towels.

** Prepared masa is available in most supermakets here in CA. If you
can't find it prepared,  you can prepare it your self by mixing equall
parts masa and milk or wayer until it is the consistancy of thick
paste.

Enjoy! I'd like to hear of any sucesses or failures so I can prefect
this recipe!

Shannon,
mommy to Pamela; 3yrs, and Robert 5mo.

^i^  There's an Angel smiling on you today! ^i^