CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:06:46 -0500

I have a 5-year-old celiac daughter.  She was diagnosed almost 2 years ago.
 We have been enjoying macaroni and cheese using rice pasta and making the
sauce with the Cabot's powdered cheese.  Initially I purchased the cheese
from the Gluten Free Pantry.  They discontinued it and I began ordering
direct from Cabot.  Well Cabot has stopped making it and we are eating our
last jar.

Does anyone know of another source of GF powdered cheese?

I realize I can make M&C with real cheese and I have read on this list that
Ragu makes a cheese sauce that is GF. (I have not confirmed this)  But, I
really would prefer the powder.  Since I only have one child it would take
me a month to go through the jar of Ragu.  And, sometimes I put powdered
cheese in mashed potatoes or on plain rice.  So, powdered it my first choice.

Thank you for your help.

Francie Kelley
Austin, TX