CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:18:10 -0600

My 7yo was diagnosed last May and his school has been great about taking
steps to keep him safe.  However, we had an exposure last week from a
situation nobody had thought of before.  In gym class(after lunch which is
eaten in the gym), they were doing the crab walk and other activities on
the floor.  Then he went to music.  Then he returned to his classroom where
he accidently slammed his fingers in the desk.  Then he sucked on his
throbbing fingers to ease the pain.  Ten minutes later he was having
diarrhea and a big gut ache that both went on for the rest of the night.

The new procedure is that he stops at the bathroom to wash his hands
immediately after gym class.

Just thought I'd share this in case anyone else has a particularly
sensitive celiac child in school.

** Please remember some posters may be WHEAT-FREE, but not GLUTEN-FREE **