CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Julie Bort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:16:36 -0700

Hey all,
How great. I got lots of advice about GF ketchup, Mac 'n cheese and fast
food.

Most of you told me that Heinz and Del Monte are GF, and those of you that
didn't verify this for yourselfs but have been using these brands for your
kids say they have no problem with them.

The overwhelming vote is that Pastariso makes a great packaged Mac N cheese,
but that Ragu cheese sauces are also GF and a big hit with kids. There's
some discrepency about American cheese slices. Some say Borden is GF, others
say it isn't. Some told me that Land-o-lakes American cheese is GF. When I
get time, I'll check it out from the manufacturers and let you all know.

On the fast food, McDonalds has some GF choices -- hamburger patty and
fries -- and better still, it offers information on its ingredients. Have to
ask if the fryer is dedicated to fries, though. Same for Wendy's and Taco
Bell has some oats in the meat, but the nachos are probably ok. I'll check
that out.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I now have some coping strategies for
feeding a child that doesn't like veggies, meat and fruit all that much (at
least not for every meal) and for our busy days when we're out and about and
the kids get hungry! (We're a very active family ... I'm not always able to
cook her every meal. My other daughter does not have CD).

Cheers!

Julie