C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 22:20:20 +0100
On Tuesday 06 Apr 2004 04:24, ken barber wrote:
> first it has been very quiet here latly.
>
> 2nd. i was at the supermarket today and the had a
> particular cut of beef at one price and the same cut
> out of an angus for a full dollar above the other. i
> am curious. am i to believe that one cow taste
> different from another, all other things being equal?
>
> wheres my texan? he ought to know about beef.

Well, I'm Welsh (so I probably know more about sheep), but I think the Angus
produces less meat (and grows slower), so the cost of production is higher.

Whether you think it is worth the extra is a question of individual palate.
Our local supermarket sells "Finest Scotch Sirloin" (probably Angus) at about
£10 a lb (thats about $19 I think - and there's no tax on food).

My favourite "cut" - Porterhouse.

Cheers

Deri