C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dina Dror <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:16:58 EDT
Hi,

Another thing you can do is to work with someone who is a vision therapist.
I have been working with one called School for Better Eyesight here in CA.
It has helped me tremendously.  I have gone from a -7.75 in one eye and -7.25
with slight astigmatism to -4.00 -4.50.  I am still working on getting it
down to 20/20. Surgery is not always the answer.  When the medical profession
will realize that the body can heal itself in many cases if you give it the
tools and nutrition it needs, then it will stop prescribing so many surgeries
that causes more problems than it solves.

Basically what is done is a series of exercises to help you work with both
eyes together and correctly.  The exercises are individually tailored for
your needs.  Feel free to e-mail me for more information.

Dina