C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
BrightIs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 14:33:29 -0500
Just to inform you, Zachary had his sleep study done last night.  His O2 and CO2 were in normal ranges, which is good news because we were expecting trouble there.
But for some reason when he gets to the stages of sleep where "normal" people just arouse, usually between the transitions from REM to 2nd stage and back again, but not wake up, Zachary completely wakes up instead. This is why he is unable to sleep through the night. This happened seven times last night, and usually ever night but this time it is recorded.  Hopefully when the pulmonary doctor examines the study we will have a reason why this is happening and maybe some way to keep it from happening always.  I cannot live forever like this, and I am sure it is going to ruin Zachary's health as well.
Deborah mom of 4