C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 13:59:51 EST
Hi Asdis and all-

About a 3 years ago I was on Zoloft 75mg per day because of depression but
the depression was not caused so much by my disability as other things:

1. my mom was diagnosed with brest cancer (she's fine for now)

2. my mom's parents decided to move from Bermingham Alabama to Mckinney Texas
were we live and built a house in our nabiorhood up the street from us
because they were being taken advantage of $$$ and mentally abused by my
uncle's family, and then my uncle and his wife decided to adopt a child when
they already had 5 kids (biological) ranging in age from 26 to 3 years old
all living at  home and all having various problems--one has
dyslixia--actually he is the most well adjusted--the others are all horibly
shy and have some emotional problems.  My uncle is a psyhciatrist but of
course is too close to the situation to recognize the existance of the
probelms. My mom's parents want to controll everything that anyone in there
family dose and of course solve the problems of the world even more so than
most other parents...it is to the point that there need to controll actually
makes my grandparents physically ill.  That is a vrey short version of a very
long complicated story. Of course I just wanted to stay away from my
grandparents knowing there need to orcastrate everything and not wanting them
to do so and not being able to really get away from all this termoil at all
caused me to have depression.  I am not able to drive because of CP and
history of sizures (well my parents don;t want me too) so I could not really
get away from the situration very much wich was the one "disability factor"
in my bought with depression.  Well I finaly got over that bought of
depression and have been off Zoloft for about a year.

The latest in the continuing soap oppra that is my mom's parent's production
is that my oldest cousion danial has been kicked out of the house at age 26
after sitting around at his parent's house for over a year not going to
school or having a job...naturally my grand mother who thinks that the
grandchildren should all be fed off of silver platters and have everything
done for them and that they should not have to make there way in the world is
horribly upset and beside herself at this.  Meenwhile my grandfather who is
horribly depressed at age 81 wants to sell the house they built here in
McKinney at age 78 (or there abouts) and wants to move back to bermingham and
"live in a shak" -- he's an old farm boy-- wich has my grandmother even more
upset and calling us on the phone even more then her usual 1-2 times a day.
It never ends...which is why I am hopeing that going to school in Idaho will
work out for me.  We will see.

Yours,
Anee
http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/CPIC.html

In a message dated 11/7/1999 12:24:06 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< hi!
 I was wondering how many of us have depression due to our disabilities and
 take medicin? Now I'm taking Zoloft 50mg and talk to my doctor twice a month.
 Asdis >>