C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:40:29 EST
Hi Elaine-

Last year in Allen Texas which is just south of were I live by about a mile
or 2  the last week and a half of school was canceled due to bomb threts.
The population in that town is maby 30,000.  Every one got mad at the ISD for
closing the schools (except the kids of course) but they were just tring to
be safe.  I think it is becoming harder and harder for schools these days.

Oh by the way I am back from my visit to ISU and will telll you guys all
about it after I finish sorting though the 250 e-mails in my in-box.

Yours,
Anee
http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/CPIC.html

In a message dated 11/17/1999 6:22:24 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Hi, this is totally off topic, but I needed to tell you, my internet
 companions.  Today, I received a notice from my kid's school telling us that
 school will be canceled tomorrow (Thursday), because of a "terroristic
 threat" at the middle school.  My kids are in the elementary school, and all
 schools in the district are being closed.

 In my mind I keep saying that it probably is just a prank, but, it scares and
 infuriates me.  I live in a relatively small town, not a big city.  What
 really scares me is how defenseless my kids are.  What if someone was crazy
 enough to enter the school?  Yea, they have a "Code Blue" program in place
 but how do my kids in wheelchairs hide under the desk?

 Oh well, just needed to vent a little, thanks for listening.

 Elaine