C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 17:37:00 EST
It doesn't ring true.  Five hundred people showing up at a government
building to protest is generally considered newsworthy to the mainstream
media.

Arresting "just under" 100 people without disabilities is a logistical
nightmare, not to mention arresting a large number of people with
disabilities.

If there were PWDs there being abusive to law enforcement officers, I hope
they got arrested.

Betty

In a message dated 11/03/1999 2:48:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I witnessed this first-hand.  All I can say is that there was no "feeding
 frenzy".  There was no freezing rain.  Yeah, it snowed, but no freezing
 rain.  I personally was blocked from egress through the doors so I could
 return to my office--this by PWDs.  Gov. Taft wasn't even in town.  It
 wasn't the Rhodes building, it was the Riffe Center.

 What I saw was several PWDs in chairs being pretty abusive to the Troopers.
 I get pretty disillusioned when I hear truth "bent" to serve a purpose, no
 matter how noble that purpose may be.  Don't believe "everything" you read
 or hear, no matter how reliable you think your your sources may be.

 I just got back from there about 15 minutes ago.  Saw no PWDs, but plenty of
 police guarding the doors.