C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2011 14:02:25 -0800
Deri,

You're right about the politics. Too soon to know but it seems hopeful.
We've evidently been helping to foment it from behind the scenes.
Case had an operation on both legs last summer. I went there to do the
rehab. The ortho did not think the releases would be enough and wanted to
do the whole muscle ligament transfer and reposition the heel to stop the
toeing in but the family and Case opted for the more minor operation and
now it looks as though he'll need more surgery again this summer. There is
an eval apptmt this week. He is in one of those high growth spurts right
now at 12 so he is having a difficult time medically but his spirit remains
the same. I'll be seeing him February 25 through mid March and will know
more after that visit. I am excited to go to Hawaii again.

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 20:36:30 +0000, Deri James
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 Feb 2011 15:56:03 [log in to unmask] wrote:
>> It's really great here and the actions in Egypt are so hopeful
>>

> Hi Linda,
>
> Hmmm, not sure yet, wait to see what fills the power vacuum after
Mubarak