C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:48:21 EST
Hi-

Last week I went up to Idaho State University to get things alll set up for
January.  I think everything is going to work out great.  I got one of the
graduate appartments, which is across the street from the main campus (I know
I am not a graduate--I am a softmore-- but the housing office said that would
be best because of my needs and all there ADA appartments were full) and it
is first floor (the school has bought and  remodeled sevral old hotels
accross the street from the campus and are know part of the housing
facilities).  I can drive my scooter in and there is plenty of room for all
my equipment.  It has a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living area.  There is
a Albertson's food store and Rite Aid 5 and 3 blocks away respectivly that I
can go to on my scooter, and there are also alot of restrunts by me, on one
side is Mcdonalds and on the other a dine in Pizza Hut (those to I could
litraly get to in about a minute because they are the hotel/appartment
buildings next door nabigors.  There are several other restrunts on my bloclk
too including a great family diner called Elmer's and a taco bell.  The on
campus eateries are about 5 minutes by scooter from my appartment.

The ADA office is going to be providing note taking materials for a volenteer
note taker and a scribe/transcriptoionist for essay tests (which is more than
I got out of the comunity college).  The advisor also said that they would
work with me when I started doing the math cources.  They are also going to
help me learn how to use Dragon Dictate.  And they seem to be very flexable
and willing to work with  me.

My health care administration advisor is really nice.  Turns out she used to
be a physical therpist and decided to go into healthcare admisitration.

They have buses that are provided by the city public transpertation service
that loop around the campus every 5 min (no-fee!). And the ADA office also
runs a van service that will take you door to door on campus (that dose have
a fee of course).  The city public transpertation service also has lift
equiped busses that go off campus (reduceced fee for the disabled too) wich
is good becasue they have a bus stop near my friend's house and her parent's
house and the mall as well.  Anyway I am really excited about the busses.

Talk to you latter,

Anee
Webmaster of CPIC
http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/CPIC.html