C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 23:54:42 EDT
 School Shootings

Saddened beyond expression
I wept for all the young lives lost,
shattered dreams and shattered families.
A hole opened in my heart,
a darkness of soul descended.
Tears a thousand years old ran down my face,
and the sun retreated into the darkness
not knowing if the mothers and fathers
would be able to bear the pain.
The pain of the assassins' mothers and fathers
Must be the darkest, most horrible to face.
I can't fathom it.
Your own children driven to violence
A point of no return.
The earth, flowers, and the animals all weep,
Let the wind caress your face,
The sun warm your hearts,
Puppies and kittens give unconditional love
As you struggle with the grief,
Blessed are the ones left behind,
Blessed are the sisters, brothers and grandparents,
Blessed are the ones who've died,
Blessed are those who struggle,
May we never forget,
May we strive for peace in our own homes,
May we learn to love the underdog
May we ever let boys cry tears instead of bullets
May we finally learn to love one another.

Tamar /4/21/99