C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stephen Allman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 13:00:46 EDT
I totally disagree with Peter Singer. All of us are human beings and we
deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.

I believe Peter Singer is very narrow minded and it bothers me that he is at
a great school and can express his beliefs that may harm people if some take
his views too far. We need to educate people that all people deserve the
right to live the best lives they can. There is no one person or group that
should decide who lives or dies. This is what hate groups feed off of and we
need to stop this now.

Everyone is important and we as a society must educate people that nobody
should ever be disposable because of illness or disability. We must try to
keep the minds of the world open to change and accepting people for who the
are.

Stephen Allman