C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:45:26 -0500
Ken,eUnna

I'm  so so sorry to hear this.  My mother had a form of COPD as well as my
sister's mother-in-law.  The good news is, with earlier diagnosis and new
treatments, things are a lot better than when my mum had it.

My mum was a smoker but the doctors said she'd most probably got it when she
was exposed to lethal chemicals (asbestos being one of them) when she worked
for Technicolor back in the 1940s and early 50s.  But I also think anybody
can get it because we all have been exposed to toxic chemicals at one time or
other .

Anyway, please let us know how you get on.  I'd be very  interested in hearing
about the trreatments the doctors put you on for this.

Kat