C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"BG Greer, PhD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:57:07 EDT
In a message dated 8/1/02 1:28:17 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>In my humble opinion, we Americans have it damned good compared with most
>of the world.
>Kat

    Sorry to hear about your elderly friend. A guy I sponsor in AA is a
pharmaceutical rep for Agurron, the HIV cocktail division of Phizer. It's a
scary situation, but the virus is losing its potency in some cases and people
can live with HIV for a long time.

    I worked for what I have. For 33 years I put up with some pretty rough
stuff from Chairmen, students, deans and editors. I was very lucky to have
God given talents that I used to a greater or lesser degree. I am fortunate
and I am also proud. I cannot apologize for something I feel I earned. Before
I got my degree I screwed up on a preliminary exam and was humiliated in
front of my classmates. This drove me, eventually, into alcoholism which I
brought on myself. God help us when we get so politically correct that we
have to apologize for achievement. The same way we must teach this or that
culture so as to not alienate some group. Go cry to Osama bin Ladin!

Off my soap box now.

Bobby