C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 08:20:33 -0400
Robin

I've been off for a few days so I just got caught up with my e-mails. I am so happy to hear Zach is at home. And I'm glad that the docs have continued to investigate all the possibles for him. Hopefully with the correct treatment Zach will soon be back to his old self!

I'm so glad we could be there for you during this time. You are a loving and terrific Mom, Robin. Don't forget to take care of you, too!  :-)

{{{hugs}}}

Yvonne

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/10/00 06:59AM >>>
Hi Everyone,
A quick note, sorry for not much news lately. It has been hectic, but ZAch is
finally coming home today after being in the hospital a month. The consultant
neurologist the hospital brought in finished his testing up yesterday, we
should get results today or tomorrow, but the most important thing is Zach is
coming home!!

Right now, it looks like the diagnosis will be temporal lobe complex
seizures. These kinds of seizures mimic so many other things, and so many
times EEG's come out normal because this kind of seizure activity is much
deeper in the brain than a grand mal type of seizure, which EEG's do pick up.

IT has been a long haul, and I sort of think it is not over yet. But for now,
I just want to go to sleep tonight knowing that just down the hall, ZAch is
asleep too, in his own bed. That is all I ask for now . . .

Thank you again for all of your caring and support, the male points of view
have been especially valuable for me to learn from as far as raising an
incredible sensitive bright teenage son with C. P.  Everyone's point of view
from comfort to medical advice was so appreciated by me and my family. I am
quite absolutely positively sure that the one night especially that you all
wrote in, truly saved my sanity. I felt understood, not alone with all this,
not so desperate and hopeless anymore. I can't even think about what that
night especially could have been like if I had not summoned up my courage and
poured out my heart to all of you.

I tried to explain to my family how special something like this list is, how
people who you have never met care, about a common bond. I am not sure I
explained it right, and I am not sure they quite "got it," but that's OK.
There are some things that don't even really need explaining.

Thank you all again, you'll be hearing from me soon with Zach updates, plus
if I can ever help someone or give my point of view, believe me, I'll be
jumping right in!
Robin