C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:17:06 -0600
Aw, Mag, if you're out all the way before you go into the OR, you miss half
the fun!  I've had about 18 surgeries, and I was only out all the way when I
was younger.  For my last few brain surgeries, the anesthesiologist would
show me where the elapsed time clock was and would often have me coming out
of anesthesia as I got moved back to the Gurney to go to the recovery room.
I remember he caught me checking out the clock as I got moved back, and he
said "How'd we do?"  The last brain surgery I had was an "awake" craniotomy,
so they can make sure that nothing happens to your speech centers.  That one
was really interesting!  I didn't really get to kibbitz (sp?) but I could
hear the doc's talking!

--

Kendall