C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. STEPHEN MARGOLIS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 04:06:59 -0500
Gee Trisha,

We got your list pretty much memorized.  Shows the power of repetition.

We haven't stopped conversation or run away.

Are we supposed to tolerate what others won't?  Maybe you think we can't
escape a crowded room.

Steve

Subject: Re: Do You have CP? (Formerly) Validation
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 22:56:22 -0500

Denise,

     I am curious - why is it necessary to mention your disablity when
you
meet someone -  . " Hi, my name is Denise and I have
>spastic tri-plegia cerebral palsy. " Unless I seriously wanted to clear
crowded room - I would never say - Hi - I am Trisha - I am mobility
impaired, incest/childhood phyiscal and mental abuse survivor, rape
victim,
spousal abuse survivor, thrice divorced Pagan Witch with a teenage
daughter
with Right Hemiplegia and by the way I once was a topless dancer and a
massage parlor cutie!!  Tends to knock the return conversation down to -
OH!
Do people introduce themselves to you and say - Hi, I am Sam and I have
normal, functional body, had a normal childhood and completely normal
bland
life and am Christian.   I truly opt out for - Hi I'm Trisha and this is
my
daughter Amber!!  Let them ask if they want - you are you - and that's
what
you want people see and remember .

                                          Trisha