C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:46:12 -0400
Yeah, I was trying to tell Trish it's not because military personnel can't manage their money, it's because they don't get paid very much.  Even 12 years ago, $20K wasn't a whole lot of money.

Kat

From: St. John's University Cerebral Palsy List

Trish, problem is, the allowances are fixed, not indexed to where one
lives
so if you live in an expensive area it's hard to make ends meet.  And
non-coms get less than officers.  In today's economy, some military wives
are taking off-base jobs to make ends meet.

Kat