C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:43:09 -0400
Ken,

        Be real -- I just spent the better part of 2 years - raising someone
else's kid because they where to self involved ( dad's [ non-biological one]
is in the navy at sea and Mom is on husband 4 after finding a rich old coot
doing prostitution while married to husband number 3)- and in that 2 years -
she stayed clean from drugs and alcohol  - worked , started college.

        Just because you're your a pargon of virtue at parenting doesn't
mean everyone else is. I was an unwanted child - a throw-a-way - at
nineteen - I jacked guys off in massage parlors and danced topless - to
survive. I wish like hell some had cared enough to do for me what I have
tried to do for Jackie. Maybe I could have missed - being raped as teenager,
having my 1st husband batter my first child out me, and my second husband
almost batter the life out me and chose a 3rd husband who would abandon us.
My parents feel as you do - they are great parents and no one else could be
influence me.  That never never stopped my step/aopted father from raping me
when I Amber age - nor both of them from beating me balck and blue and
bleeding , nor the soul destroying thing sthey said. Even when I was 40 my
mother lamented that she hadn't aborted me because I am so horrible. I on
the other hand - know with all my heart I make mistakes and pray they aren't
really bad ones that will hurt Amber and other children I reach out too.

        I hope if your children are ever away from home and need help - they
run into someone like me and not someone like you. Because I will put myself
between a child and danger - screw whose child they are!! I was in bookstore
in the mall on busy shopping season - and saw a flasher and his intended
victum - a little girl - no more than 5 maybe 6 - Her mother had sat her in
a chair and wandered off - rather than keep her with her. He flashed me -
and I saw the path he was taking and I made it between him and the little
girl and of course the coward ran away -  my only two thoughts were - gee
that little!!! and not on my watch you don't buddy. It was all over so
fast - I never got off a peep much less a good scream. The guy - clean cut,
nice clothes, wedding band  - etc. got away but at least the kid remained
oblivious!! And thankfully Amber was with the person I was shopping with and
not me at that moment

        So, lets be a little charitable and go the extra mile. I'll bet the
parents of the children who where saved by the teacher shielding them from
the gunshots are glad that guy was selfless!!

                                    Brightest Blessings
                                           Trisha