C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
greta von der luft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:15:55 -0500
Sorry you are definitely correct. I decided to limit the participants to
children with spastic diplegic cerebral palsy knowing that the functional
level would be very different in this group compared to children with
spastic quadriplegia or children with athetoid cerebral palsy or children
with hemiplegic cerebral palsy etc. My hypothesis being by limiting the
research to one specific type of CP, the population would be more homogenous
and potentially more associations could be drawn between education
placement, physical impairment, and gender. These associations would only be
investigated if the self concept tool itself is cross validated.

But again you are correct that only the conclusions regarding self concept
can be associated with children with spastic diplegic cerebral palsy and
other studies are needed to make conclusions regarding children with other
types of CP.

Sorry,

Greta