C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:25:16 -1000
at least if you make appts together it is less driving. I had a
friend who was a psychiatrist and she felt like she needed to talk
with someone herself and confided in me that she did not really like
the person she was seeing. I said well how many did you interview
before you settled on that person and she said it never occurred to
her to interview more than one. It's pretty easy to tell from a brief
interview by how responsive and open they are to some questions
whether or not it's a good fit. It can also educate the doctor and
one question might be how willing are they to look for reasons other
than the cp for medical problems that come up explaining that altho
cp is serious it is not the only reason for seeing a doc or the only
cause of symptoms.