C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 15:48:44 -0400
Oh, I agree with you 100 per cent, Jenn.  I am proud of what I've done in my
life and the fact that I've never had to ask for public assistance.  That is
not to say I've never received help from Voc. Rehab or from other agencies,
but that after I started working a full time job with benefits, I had no need
of help from VR.  I don't see it as boasting so much as letting others know it
can be done. And others such as Bobby, Kyle, Deri, Ken, and you show it
perfectly.

Other disabled people especially those in the Third World, are far less
fortunate than we, and my heart goes out to them.

Kat