C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 15:05:28 -0400
We recently had a thread about this series a bit ago and thought I'd share
with you a couple of funny lines from the series' second season, which I got
this past weekend on DVD.  The second season takes place during the reign of
Elizabeth I, here portrayed as a loony dingbat by Miranda Richardson and an
even loonier nurse (nanny) played by Patsy Byrne.  Again, Sir Edmund
Blackadder is accompanied by his trusty servant, Baldrick.

Here, Blackadder is trying to get Baldrick to think:

Edmund:
No, that's what I think. Look, do try & have an original thought of your own,
Baldrick. Thinking is so important. Now, what do you think?

Baldrick:
I think thinking is so important, my lord.

And another:

Mrs Ploppy:
You've really got your banter worked out, haven't you?

Edmund:
No, this is a new thing. It's spontaneous & it's called wit.

I've now got the entire series and can laugh my head off at 2 in the morning
if I'm so inclined.
If someone wants to know more about the series, feel free to email me offlist.

Kat