C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stephen Allman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 01:00:44 EDT
Jan:

I know in Pennsylvania I cannot exceed owning anything over $2000 being on
SSI. A lawyer told my parents that they can leave their money in a Trust for
me that one of my brothers would be responsible for seeing my living
conditions are met. I would never own the money or if my brother has the
house in the trust he would own it. I am eligible for SSI because I will
never own the money or anything that exceeds $2000.

 I would see if you could do this in your state and then see if anyone in
your family you can rely on to hold the trust for you to have when you need
it.

I understand your frustration but the best thing you can do is apologize to
your parents for blowing up at them. They probably understand you need to get
out and do things. When you calm down please let them know how you feel

Stephen Allman