C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Christina Remien <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 23:26:44 -0400
My name is Christina and I'm 28.  I, too, was with CP.  I was born blue,
couldn't breathe for 10 minutes, had the umbilical cord wrapped around
my neck, had a collapsed lung, and swallowed afterbirth.  Then I had one
seizure in the nursery, which started my spastic movement in my left
arm.  I also have a speech impediment, have limited use of my hands,
can't walk far without getting tired, and have a arkward walk.  I have
an A.A. and B.S. degree in Psychology, with 9 credits towards my Masters
degree in Professional Counseling.  Since I couldn't get a job with
these 2 degrees, I'm now going a Computer Science degree.  Eventually
I'll get a job.  There was a time where I wanted to kill myself because
I was different, but my attitude on that changed.  In my spare time, I
bowl on a league and develop web pages.  I have 5 thus far.  If you want
to see them, let me know.  The one you should really look at is my cp
page at: http://kisser.freeservers.com/cp.htm

Christina