C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 21:38:45 +0000
On Friday 09 February 2001  1:51 pm, Cleveland, Kyle E. wrote:
> Oh Mag!  Might as well go for the pocket protector and masking tape on the
> glasses too!  You're a girl, though, so I wouldn't expect you to know these
> things, but a clip-on is, like, one of the worst fashion mistakes a guys
> could ever make.
>
> Nah, what ya do is this:  You get your spouse or a friend -- someone who
> can tie up a good knot -- to help you tie up a selection of your favorites.
> Then you slip the knot just enough to get it off your 'ead.  That way, in
> the morning, all you need do is slip the "noose" over your head and then
> slip the knot tight.  Reverse the process at night.  After a while the
> knots start looking a tad ratty, so they have to be retied.

Problem here is getting the "tied up" tie under the collar "wings". With an
undone tie you can do a "sawing" motion and it slips up under that collar a
treat. Lifting the collar is tough (if starched).

This reminds me of the end of one of the Pink Panther films with Peter
Sellers, he finally "gets the girl" (Britt Ekland?) and does the seductive
undressing bit, but the tie gets stuck around his ears!!

I figure the girls don't know what martyrs to fashion us lads are!! ;-)

Cheers

Deri