C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2008 17:25:46 -0700
Make sure you have appropiate support services after.  if you will be hospitalized for a few days, make sure they understand the way you use a restroom, as they might want to put you in a sling type hoist. (they assumed i used a bedpan and was living in a group home!) so, make sure to communicate your needs.
as with any surgery, there are risks; risk of infection at the site, and risk of lung infections due to the anesthesia.
I agree with kendall, get a couple of PT/OT sessions before you go home.
make sure you are fully anesthesied BEFORE you go in the OR! I was not, and saw the drills and instruments on the table, and sae the strange table they put me into for hip replacement.
good luck!

http://www.zazzle.com/TamarMag*
Tamar Mag Raine