C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:23:20 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Perk <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, April 12, 1999 11:16 AM
Subject: Feelings

>------=_NextPart_000_0086_01BE84CB.BE393400
>
>How do you feel about having a disability ? Do you sometimes get =
>depressed about it ?
Perk
>I don't have CP that bad.  I had to ware a brace on my right leg from age
5-11.  I don't walk with a limp, but I do have a short tendond.
I still get depressed about it however.  I have a lot of trouble with mortor
skills, and I also was much slower then the rest of my class.  I struggle
from the inside out.  People always expect me to be just like other people
because I don't look like I have a handicap.  I have to rap gifts where I
work.  I work at a toy store.  It is so frustrating because it takes me so
long.  Sometimes I feel like yelling; "hey! give me a brake will ya, I have
CP!">
I can't do that so it makes the struggle even harder.
A lot of you seem to have good Jobs on this list.
I'm not saying that I am stupid I have had some Jobs that I feel proud of,
but for the most part I feel like because I have CP it also caused me to
have Social Phobia whitch makes me work beneath my full ability.  Therefore
I feel very Depressed about having this handicap.

Lorie