C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 00:33:43 EDT
Hello All,

I am in Justin, Texas, just north of Fort Worth near Denton.  I go to a
nondenominational church in Argyle, a town nearby.

The pastor of my church was called by a hotel in a nearby town, and asked if
our church could donate supplies such as toiletries to 30+ displaced families
who were staying at the hotel.  He went to the hotel and met with the
families.  He came back and shared his heart about helping these families over the
long road ahead, and we have "adopted" the families.  We will support them
emotionally, financially, or however they need support.  He asked us to get to know
them and connect our hearts with their hearts.  We held a dinner so we could
meet them and get to know them.  We collected an offering that was quite
substantial to meet needs.  Some have already received cash cards so they can go and
get the things they need.  Our pastor called it "giving them help while
maintaining their dignity."

I know that all of you are spread out across the states, but this might be
something you could approach your churches about.  Just a thought.

Wanda