C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2008 23:19:10 -0500
Speaking from experience, just allow him to play and explore on his own, I
did that a few years back when I changed vocabularies, and it was very
effective. When he locates whatever he wants, it definitely encourages him
to try more, but you don't want to get on him for incomplete sentences, just
back off until you know he knows where something is. I was once with
somebody who insisted on complete sentences from somebody who barely got
their device and that was totally stressing and discouraging them

Thanks,
Anthony Arnold
Remote Troubleshooter for PRC
www.anthonyarnold.net