C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 13:33:26 -0500
Denise,

        It was not my intention to set any one "straight". Far be it from
me to set myself up as anything than I am, a human being with more than one
fault! LOL
Your quote about guilt intrisued me. I differ with in only one sense. I
think it's fear that drives all other emotions. I have heard learned
colleagues say that one can not be angry, guilty, sad, etc without first
feeling fearful. The fear of not getting something or losing something is
behind almost every other negative emotion. When I am really pissed, I have
to stop and think, now what am I really afraid of? That's help diffuse my
anger then.

Bobby

>Bobby:  You said, "As a topic related to CP, it really doesn't belong here,
>but that's never stopped us before. C'est la vie."

I know why I did it, though.  Ah, guilt.  That's the real grease which
makes the wheels go round, not money.  I felt guilty because I was the one
who poked this beast with my stick.  I just didn't want it to be unleashed
and cause any damage.  - Thanks for setting me straight!  Denise.