C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 14:49:31 -0700
our governor removed state tax from gas here in
georgia, write your governor and ask that nc do the
same. by the way i was in north carolina this morning
and could have filled up at 3.19.
write your congressman and senators and remove the
federal tax on gas.

but, of course there is a gas shortage. there was a
short supply before the storm. roughly 25 per cent of
the countries energy comes from the gulf coast.
refineries are under water. we have not built a new
refinery since 1975. most of the refineries were
running at near capicity so those left can't take up
the slack. this just points up the folly of not
drilling for our own oil and building our capacity.
the very folly of the politics that has blocked this
for years. some of us saw it comming.