C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Hunsberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:00:23 -0500
Whoops, forgot to "reply to all"...

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 11:30 PM, ken barber <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> be it positive or negative peter any present day writings can hardly be viewed as history. you know it as well as i do.
> whats being written now is what someone wants to be history but it is wishful thinking for the time being. get back to me in 20 years or so.

Thing is, this isn't a single opinion of what "someone" wants to be
history.  Its a collective opinion of a large number of people that
observe history and understand it better than most of us.

History is the record of a period of time as recorded by the people
living at that time. These days there's a lot more writings that will
be preserved for the future masses to pursue, but these have all ready
been sorted and filtered by the very people who are in the best
position to know how the consensus opinion of those writings will be
viewed in the future (and who in fact will guide the formation of that
opinion).  Nothing is going to come along in the future and suddenly
make the Bush look good in retrospect..

--
Peter Hunsberger

--