C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ehthiers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2008 17:15:17 -0400

Beth waves to Janet.  Beth sits at computer to type....

I'm not a PT but, having pain accross the quads (hip to knee) would indicate
there may be something else happening.  If she's having increasing doses for
her spasticity, then something else is happening.  I agree with Mags, and
get a good hip X-ray done, but also review seating and any also achilles
tendons and foot placement.  I know I've got tendoninitis in my Achilles
with tightness in the gastrocs and a PT told me untreated this could
contribute to hip and knee pain.  The Baclofen only works on the spasticity
not on pain directly.

Beth t. the OT