C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 00:28:04 -0400
Hi,

Someone mentioned that they had the infamous startle reflex.  I startle
at loud noises, someone coming up behind me, touching my feet, on and
on.  Any suggestions for reducing this, or at least making it less
noticeable?  I try laughing it off as much as possible, and assuring
people that they didn't scare me, but it's still embarrassing and
annoying.  Thanks!

~Joy~