C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:04:07 -0600
My neurologist's nurse has me go over my entire med list every time
I'm there.  It's kind of a pain, but that way we're clear about meds
and avoid errors.  We're working on the right med/dosage level for my
spasticity, so the caution is especially warranted.  He's mentioned a
baclofen pump, but I think we'll try oral meds for about another 6
months as that'll be about a year.  If I do eventually go with a pump,
at least I know of a good surgeon for it! ;-{)}

On another note, I mentioned that Janet was to have an appointment
with the adult CP clinic in Denver two weeks ago, but they called and
said that we are too old!  The age range they're working with
presently is 18 - 30, and we're 46.  So, is the theory that people
over 30 don't have CP, or is it that people over 30 with CP are part
of the geriatric population!?!  It'd be nice if people over 30
couldn't have CP, because then all our other ailments could be treated
without that "complicating factor!"  I DON'T want to consider that my
beautiful bride and I are geriatric cases!

--

Kendall

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950