C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kyle E Cleveland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 11:19:32 -0500
I applaud your post-modernist diatribe, Trisha.  Your position is well
thought-out and expounded.  My point is two-fold:  This is not the forum
for theological apologetics.  It is of, by, and for folks with Cerebral
Palsy.  Hence, my comment to "take it outside".  The other, regarding
Christendom, I agree that horrible societal acts have been (and continue
to be) performed in the name of Christ, but that does not Christianity
make.  You'll not find a cookbook for the Inquisition, Witch-hunts,
Crusades, etc. in the canon of the four Gospels, Acts, the Epistles, and
John's Revelation.  In fact, such are anathema to the message of Christ.

Also, I can't fathom your thesis that antiquity has bearing on the
validity of a faith system.

Regarding the bible-thumpers, yes, as a Christian I'm called to share my
faith.  I'm also told by the same God to "shake the dust from my
sandals" and leave (in other words, 'Shut Up') if my message is not well
received.  In this, yes, I think many Christians have done an incredible
disservice to the God they worship by beating people about the head and
shoulders with a bible when these folks would rather be left alone.

-Kyle