C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:19:05 -1000
I wondered about that as well since it sounded like she had just been
promoted to manager so that did not seem like employment
discrimination. I have had few experiences of being the "other" but
twice we lived in places where my kids were the only Caucasians and
it was very hard on them. Inability to cope, change of personality,
and loss of self esteem because of bullying. Classmates would ask my
son to play football and use him as the ball. Hold knives to his
throat on the school bus etc. I moved away when I found out about it
but he didn't tell me for almost a year. He was 6.