C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:19:42 -0700
Bobby,

I've done it for myself and walked through it with people I was doing
tech support for when I did AOL.  My advice is generally, if you have
fewer than 50 - 100 addresses, to do it manually, because the chances of
an error that will cause you to lose everything are less, and it's also
a real pain in the keister to get all the field delimiters in the right
places.

I notice that you're presently using an AOL address, so there is at
least a feature in the email client that will let you print the address
book.  The main problem is that AOL folks are trained on their e-mail
client, and I'm sure the RoadRunner folks are trained similarly, so
neither tech support department knows the other software officially.
You might get lucky with a tech support agent that knows both, but the
chances of that are getting smaller as the tech support industry is
being "globalized (the current euphemism for overseas outsourcing)."

Unfortunately, I'm not at all familiar with RoadRunners e-mail set-up.

Kendall

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950