C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:55:32 EST
Diana and all-

Well in the case of takeing either the math or the english here is my big
dilima-

The english course is "sposed" to be compleeted by the end of the softmore
year, I am am currently a softmore as I have 38 credits (that transfured---I
actually have taken many more than that--78 to be exact) and to be considered
a Jr you need 56 credits.  I did not relize this untill I went to look it up
just now so I guess I could waite on this course.

Now the math course (my worst subject by the way) is almost a must at this
point to allow for progression towards the major as to be accepted to the
major you have to have cirten prerequists compleeted wich include:
Statistics, College Algebra, 2 Accounting cources, Corprate Finance, and 2
Econmics courses, there are also a cupple of others that are not math
related.  And most of those have the Intermedit Algebra or College Algebra as
the prerequisit.

So lets see if I took out the english class that would leave:

Intermedit Algebra (3)
Intro. to Health Professions (2)
Seated Areobics (1)

Which adds up to 6.  What do you all think of adding public speaking to the
mix--another required course.  Public speaking is only 2 credit hours which
would put me at 8 credit hours wich is what you need at ISU to be a full time
student.  Since it is only 8 at this school I realy think that I should try
to meet that.  Otherwise I might do like bobby suggested and take the 6 (math
and english only).  But that's only 2 credits short of full time status and I
can't see missing that by only 2 credits.  I know I find that an extreemly
low number for full time status but that's what it is at ISU.  I think 12 is
what full time status is usualy...that's what it was at my last school.

Anyway I will send this out for all of you to give your feedback on.

Thanks for all the imput.

Anee

In a message dated 11/1/1999 1:07:35 PM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Hi Anee,

 Intermediate Algebra is a pretty demanding course if you have difficulty with
 math. I would probably stick with either the English or the Math course, but
 not both. The rest should be okay if you know the stuff.

 Dina >>