C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 01:58:28 EDT
I agree, Mike!

On the other hand, I just saw a PBS show about early psychology, and saw WW2
men who were shell-shocked, and I must say, those who became stiff-legged
looked a lot like me!  Their bodies were telling them to get out but if they
resisted and became immobile...... my Feldenkrais teacher asked me two weeks
ago if maybe my legs got bad because my exhusband was who he was and treated
me badly, I thought about it and wondered, but if that were true, it has been
5 years since I was with him, and I've only gotten more spastic. (my back
however did go into a 15 month spasm when he told me he'd been to hookers).
I would think that I would have improved if it were psychological...  But
after seeing those shell-shocked men, I'm less sure.  In any case, I'm not
going to worry about walking.  I have much more energy to enjoy in my
chariot, going places.

Mag